JUNE IS PARTICIPATION MONTH IN HAMIOTA!! HELP THE COMMUNITY WIN $100,000 TOWARDS RECREATION AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY!
Click the link above to download the ParticiPACTION info and additional tracking sheets (as seen in the May Leader).
Recreation Director: 764-
75 Maple Avenue East, Hamiota, MB
Municipal Office Building
The Director assists the recreation commission to encourage and promote recreation within the district. Emphasis is placed upon the benefits of recreation; personal, social, environmental, and economic. A variety of programs and activities are held each year. The programs are in addition to facility management and recreation consultation services provided through the recreation office.
BENEFITS OF RECREATION:
Personal Benefits of Recreation.
- Positive self-
- Source of self-
- Essential to stress-
- Regular physical activity is an effective means of health insurance.
- Improves quality of life.
Social Benefits of Recreation
- Builds strong communities.
- Reduces loneliness and anti-
- Build stronger families.
- Foundation of community involvement
- Promotes community pride.
- Promotes community involvement.
- Promotes cultural harmony.
Economic Benefits of Recreation
- Preventative health service.
- More productive workforce.
- Motivates business relocation and expansion.
- Reduces the high cost of vandalism and criminal activity.
- Catalyst for tourism.
Environmental Benefits of Reaction
- Contributes to environmental health of communities.
- Insurance for a new and improved environmental future.
- Parks and provision of open space leads to increased property values.