“Leaders in Community Innovation”
Hamiota is a growing community and is located in western Manitoba, midway between the Trans Canada Highway and the Yellowhead Highway. The community’s lifestyle, diverse job opportunities and support services make Hamiota one of the most vibrant communities in Western Manitoba.
The Hamiota Municipality has a population of 1,288 and a trading area radius of 40 kilometres. Within this trading area, there are approximately 10,000 people. Hamiota has seen continued growth for over 25 years.
The agriculture, healthcare and education sectors are the major employers within the area. Within the last four years, the region has seen significant growth in the agriculture sector. Hundreds of jobs have been maintained in Hamiota and area with many of these in the expanding livestock sector.
Hamiota’s unique community health care system is well known nationally as well as internationally and is often cited for its innovativeness as a successful healthcare delivery model.
The community also demonstrates a unique balance between recreation and cultural/arts activities. Hamiota has many varied and newly developed recreational facilities with associated programming. After healthcare, Hamiota is recognized for its support of sports programming within the community. The community also offers arts/cultural opportunities through the Heritage Arts Centre.
The educational system in Hamiota has continually remained significantly above provincial averages in Provincial Exams and provides an integrated academic, recreational and musical curriculum.
Hamiota’s retail and service sectors are diverse and provide a full range of services for residents and surrounding area. The retail trade radius expands as far as 65 kilometers.
Hamiota is recognized for its diversity and capabilities, and remains in the forefront of Western Manitoba communities.
- Natural gas including Trans Canada Pipelines mainline access
National and International Transportation Flexibility:
- East-West and North-South paved highway access
- Access to CNR mainline rail
- Midwest Hi Speed Internet (Fibre connection) Hamiota Municipality 204-764-3050
- Two cell service providers (Rogers and BELL/MTS)
- High speed internet access; NetSet and DSL (BELL/MTS)
Competent Local Infrastructure:
- Advanced reverse osmosis water treatment
- Large regional health care centre
- 24-hour emergency services
- Police, ambulance and fire services
Resource Capable Community:
- Adept workforce
- Strong and diverse agricultural sector
- High productivity land base
- One of only three municipalities in South Western Manitoba with an arable land base exceeding 200 acres per square kilometer
- Extensive groundwater resources
Land for Development:
- New residential subdivisions
- Two industrial park subdivisions
Local Government & Development Support Services:
- Planned development
- Supported by productive land use and zoning regulations
- Micro and capital lending
- Proponent citing and support services